Monday, June 20, 2011

How did I miss that?

Sometimes I have to smile a little over the things that happen in our lives.  We went to the bank the other day, and it has a little play area for small children.  J and his brother set to playing in it.  It's a small table with blocks on it.  I finished my transaction and called for the boys to come along.  Without even turning his head, J gave me one of those "just a minutes" that he is famous for.  As I blew out a sigh of frustration, I decided that I would walk over to quietly try to hurry him along and not make a scene.

As I walked over he again told me to wait a minute, so I decided that I would  The money in my hand was going straight to the contractor anyway, so I was in no immediate hurry to pay a bill.  Finally, he was finished.  He was determined that he put every block over on the side with the numbers, and then put the numbers in order, together.  all the 1s, then the 2s, then 3s, etc.  Then, he had to go down the line and read each one out loud to me.

As I listened to him do all of this, I thought to myself, how did I ever miss the signs?  I had to chuckle a little to myself at that thought.

Things have been pretty mellow the last few weeks.  I say that and the world will come crashing down, lol.  His doctor continues to impress me with his caring and ability.  I think that we struck the jackpot with him.  He has completely readjusted J's meds.  Took him off of the things that weren't working and were doing no good.  He takes the time to research, and to do what's best for Jackson.  His previous doc just kept piling meds on him with no real attempt to see what was working and what wasn't.  We would go in and when I would try to explain what was going on, he would up a med and walk out of the room.  But, summer is flying by and fourth grade is approaching.  I don't know how he feels about it, but I am terrified. :)  He will have a teacher that I feel will be wonderful, but the older he gets, the harder it seems to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment